<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Living Water

Wednesday, November 24, 2004
You can buy your poop moose at- http://www.poopmoose.com/ . It is deemed the coolest gift on the planet.

The reason I am so enamored is a simple little candy I love called Peanut Butter Balls. Also know as Moose Droppings.

I have to make these every holiday and they are so simple.

I usually use chocolate almond bark with a spoonful of Crisco in place of the melted chocolate but either way they are fab! I do end up with more melted chocolate than needed in this recipe as the peanut butter for me makes about 40 balls. I aways dip pretzels or ritz crackers in the left over chocolate.



Peanut Butter Balls (aka Moose Droppings)

1 1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups chocolate -- wafers melted in a
double boiler (available at most bulk
food stores) (2 to 3)

1. Mix the first four ingredients together well.
2. Shape into 1 inch balls.
3. Dip balls into melted chocolate and place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet to set.
4. *I find the balls easier to dip when they are frozen or at least cold.
5. I make the balls one day, pop them in the freezer and take them out a few at a time to dip-- this keeps them from being too soft to dip.
6. *If you can't find dipping wafers, substitute semi-sweet chocolate chips melted with 1/3 grated parowax (yes, parowax is edible!).


Per serving: 290 Calories (kcal); 20g Total Fat; (55% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 2mg Cholesterol; 45mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates




2:58 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

bluhaze :: permalink