<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Living Water

Tuesday, November 16, 2004
Are some Dogs really rodents?

My goodness... When I was a kid our beloved Chihuahua, Pee Wee , was actually a large rat?

I will never believe it.

Some doggy humour- How is a dog like a man?
answer - Both are suspicious of the postman.


Actually comparing humans to dogs is probably not very nice.



I have a dog that is smarter than your average dog...Or rat.

Here she is laying on our front porch seat.



Queen


Queen was a stray that followed my husband and I, 30 miles, to find us.


We own a camp site about an hour from our home on a local lake. We only go there weekly through the summer and even less than that through the winter months.


Queen strayed around our camper one day looking pitiful.

She was so thin she looked like she was near death.


Hubby being an animal lover began to feed her scraps.

She did begin to look a little healthier from that point on. This went on about 6 months or more. The thing was since we only went there weekly, we were wondering what she did through the week.


One week she wasn't there. We yelled and looked, yet no Queen. We figured the pound picked her up or else someone else began to feed her. Two weeks went by and still no Queen.


Coming back home that second week I was following hubby as we had separate vehicles.

Suddenly from upon a hill about 5 miles from our home came running Queen chasing his truck. If I hadn't been following him we probably would not have seen her. I flagged him down and we took her home with us.

It amazes me that she went all that way without knowing where she was going. She had never been to our home yet here she was on the very road we travel back and forth chasing us down that near our home.


I would say that was smarter than your average dog...Or maybe even person.





9:57 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

bluhaze :: permalink