<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Living Water

Wednesday, November 10, 2004
The Wall Street Journal has named the top 50 women in business.

I wandered close to get a peek and I was surprised in just a second. Number 3?

A chairman ( or woman?) at Avon products. Avon...Who would have thought ...Not me.

1. Carly Fiorina - Chief Executive, Hewlett-Packard
2. Margaret C. Whitman - Chief Executive, eBay
3. Andrea Jung - Chairman, Avon Products


I've got nothing against Avon products.

I did buy some hair spray from Avon once that gave me an allergic reaction. My eyes swelled and turned red about an hour after using the stuff and it took me a month of using it before I could figure out what was causing it.

When I get to thinking about Avon however ..I think of little women carrying around suitcases filled with smelly samples and old retired aftershave containers.

I love to flea market and there are some people who make their living selling old retired Avon aftershave bottles.They come in bird shapes of pheasant, old west shapes of wagons, 60 and 70 shapes of cars or boats.

I believe I may have an old wagon bottle packed away in my attic.

I may go dig for it a little later.

7:39 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

bluhaze :: permalink