<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Living Water

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Dressed for Success

I never had a twin but I am blessed with a sister. Our mom, bless her silly ways, loved to dress us alike.

Matching outfits in different colors were the norm in our youth. The clothing still reside within the wardrobe of my mind. They are a little wrinkled but none the less there.

Mom has passed on but I still look at my sister and see my old outfits in a different color. We have outgrown the outfits, but can never outgrow the memories.

I often feel an urge to pull out a few of those wrinkled memories and iron them. I could press a little mess from the wardrobe, but in reality our wardrobe was never that meticulous.

Tragedy, tears, abuse, divorce add wrinkles to any personal wardrobe. I have to ask myself if success is achieved through prefect pleats. Maybe the wrinkles add character.

While the past is wrinkled, I do foresee perfect pleats in the future.

In looking to that future I realize that I must lay aside all urges to press the mess. I instead hand it over to the only one that can truly dress us for success.

He too will dress us in matching wardrobes. A white array of all matching pleated outfits shine in the horizon. Vessels wrapped in the grace of God.

Maybe mom, bless her silly ways, wasn't so silly after all.

Revelation 7:9  After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10  And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
9:47 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Hmmm...I love your picutre of the Father. His grace and love continue amaze me. The very fact that he clothes us in white throught life of his son. simply amazing....

    By Blogger tp34, at 10:31 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

bluhaze :: permalink