<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Living Water

Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Advise to Endurance..lol
Praise God!

Keep On Churnin’! -author unknown


Two frogs were hoppin’ along
On Grandpa’s porch and singin’ a song,
And not lookin’ they made a wrong turn,
And jumped in Grandma’s butter churn.
Grandpa and I witnessed the scene,
But Gramp’s hearing wasn’t too keen-
Sure ‘nough, the frogs weren’t dead,
So I listened to every word they said.
Said the one frog to the other,
“I just know we’re goin’ to smother-
There’s no use to squirm and scream”-
And slowly he sank…
Glub… glub… glub…
Into the cream.
“Not me,” said the other one,
“It’s not over until it’s done”-
And with determination and grit
He jumped and jumped and didn’t quit.
And he jumped and jumped and jumped
some more,
And jumped and jumped, and that
times four.
And before my amazement I could utter,
He had jumped and churned
a small pat of butter!
On it he stood and gave a shout,
And then in a wink that frog jumped out!
As I told Grandpa what they did and said,
He rubbed his chin, and nodded his head,
And with his usual wisdom,
And in his usual mutter,
He said, “It just goes to show-
We need to keep on churnin’
‘til things get butter!”

another version of the same- author unknown

Two frogs fell in a deep cream bowl,
One was an optimistic soul,
But the other took the gloomy view.
“We'll drown,” he cried without more ado,

And with a last despairing cry,
He flung up his legs and said, “Good-bye!”

Quote the other frog with steadfast grin,
“I can't get out, but I won't give in.”
“I'll swim around til my strength is spent,”
“Then I'll die the more content.”

Bravely he swam to work his scheme,
And his struggles began to churn the cream.
The more he swam, his legs a-flutter,
The more the cream turned to butter.

On top of the butter at last he stopped,
And out of the bowl he gaily hopped.

What is the moral?
It's easily found--

If you can't hop out,
Keep swimming around!


3:42 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

bluhaze :: permalink